Thursday, April 17, 2008

DISPLAY Settings

I never thought that even DISPLAY will going to give me tough time. Our client doesn't allow us to use VNC due to security reason. So we do not have any other option other than Xvfb at server End. We did start it and as expected xclock worked and no output. So I tried testing PDF output of my Active User conc program, it failed due to lack of Windoes Manager running at server. So I have to start twm at server end give xhost +. Vola it worked !!! Now another issue which I can forsee for my production as we were using Virtual host, to avoid any confusion in production cutover I used DISPLAY=`uname -n`:1.0

Happy Troubleshooting !!!

2 comments:

JayaraJ IP said...

hi guru,
we have ebs 11.5.10.2 atg rup7, recently we implemented notification mailer and it was working fine for few days, slowly we started getting trouble in concurrent manager failing frequently and wfmailer not working etc. can you pls. help me solve this issue?. is the wfmailer and concurrent manager are inter related?.

thanks,
J

Sundeep Dubey said...

Hi J,
send me the log file, but before that, run autoconfig and cmclean, then start manager and send me the log file. And moreover does all conc managers failing or only java based. Do let me know.

Regards
Sundeep