Tuesday, April 7, 2009

User unable to connect to EBS with Kerberos

We had one issue, one of the user who rejoined us having issues in accessing Oracle Application with his ID. I did checked his access details and everything looks good to me. But whenever he hit the URL it says you do not have permission to access this page. Another direct access via ADI is working fine for him, but Oracle EBS having issues.
I did a query at OID end to findout if something wrong there, I used the following query to get his data:

ldapsearch -L -h myserver -p 389 -s sub -b "cn=example,cn=example, dc=example,dc=com" -w password -v "cn=*" uid orclguid

I got the 2 matches for his account. Which was causing the issue. Now which is active account that we need to findout. I checked with AD administrator which account is active for this user based on OU. So he gave me the output which I used to delete inactive account. And update GUID in FND_USER for this user and it worked.

User was very happy so do I.

Happy Troubleshooting !!!

No comments: